Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] eS78 Heading config not staying on Head up
05-14-20, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-20 02:12 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] eS78 Heading config not staying on Head up
Good Morning, After doing a factory reset, (running version 19.03) because unit was freezing and timing out...I cannot get the "Heading Up" option to remain. She keeps reverting to "North up" on the chart (Navionics, acc. up to date). Also the speed does not show on the upper drop down window. The SOG box is there but no reading is visible. thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-20, 02:18 AM
RE: [TG11] eS78 Heading config not staying on Head up
Hello TheOiler,

Quote:I cannot get the "Heading Up" option to remain. She keeps reverting to "North up" on the chart

I've come across that sort of symptom very occasionally on both LH2 and LH3 software, where certain chart setup options aren't saved on certain chart pages (it's almost always chart pages, and usually the chart orientation.)

The solution is to create a new chart page shortcut on another location on the Home screen and delete the old shortcut. If you wish you can then move/swap the new chart page shortcut into the spot where the old one was (deleting and re-creating in the same spot doesn't always resolve the problem, you seem to need to create in a new spot on the home screen.)

I've only had a handful or two of these over the years, but that process has always fixed it and it doesn't seem to come back again. A low-level software issue, but rare enough that it's very hard to get to the root cause of.

Quote:Also the speed does not show on the upper drop down window. The SOG box is there but no reading is visible.

If you're not under way then there is no SOG to display. If you have GPS position then the SOG and COG will also be available as soon as you get under way.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
05-24-20, 10:22 AM
RE: [TG11] eS78 Heading config not staying on Head up
Tom, Thanks for the reply, with the help from phone support we were able to troubleshoot and correct the problems by changing some setting options.