Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom doppler software update issue
10-02-19, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-19 10:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom doppler software update issue
During update of Axiom software to the current version, when I inserted the Micro SD card, my axiom data master unit identified two categories of software for upgrade: (1) Axiom/lighthouse and (2) hardwired Doppler radar (cannot recall the formal name).

The Axiom software successfully updated on all 3 of my Axioms with no issue.

The doppler hardwired software failed to update.

Is this a known issue or is there a fix? Maybe my doppler software doesn't need to be updated?

Thanks

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-19, 10:34 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom doppler software update issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

The Quantum update which you were referring to was for the radome's wired adapter (a WiFi component within the radome). The latter comes into play within Quantum and Quantum 2 radomes which have been interfaced to the system via a Quantum Data Cable or Digital Radar Cable. Quantum radomes with the Wired Adapter and Quantum 2 Radomes actually feature two WiFi receiver/transmitters. Should these radomes be interfaced to the system via a Quantum Data Cable or Digital Radar Cable, then the communications path will be from the system though the a Quantum Data Cable or Digital Radar Cable to the Quantum Wired Adapter. The Quantum Wired Adapter will then utilize WiFi to communicate with the radar core's WiFi receiver/transmitter.

Accordingly, within a Quantum and Quantum 2 radomes which have been interfaced to the system via a Quantum Data Cable or Digital Radar Cable, processors will be found within the radome's Quantum Wired Adapter as well as within the radar core ... and software updates may be available for either or both.

What version of software was recently installed within the MFD? Has your Quantum or Quantum 2 radomes been interfaced to the system via a Quantum Data Cable or Digital Radar Cable? Have you tried a second time to update the Quantum Wired Adapter's software?
10-04-19, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-19 10:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

I attempted the update a second time and it was successful.

To answer your questions:

Version 3.10.71 was recently installed.

My Quantum 2 radome is interfaced via a RayNet Cable.

I suspect the issue was that the first time I tried the update I attempted it on one of my Axioms that is NOT the data master. That is, I tried to run the Wired Adapter update on the last of my three Axioms to get the Bermuda update since my MicroSD card was already in that unit from the Berumda update.

On my second attempt I ran the update with the card in my data master Axiom and it worked fine.

Apologies if that was my error.

Dave
10-04-19, 10:51 AM
Dave,

I'm glad to learn that the second attempt was successful.