Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] C80, Dsm250 and P319 transducer
03-09-20, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-20 03:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] C80, Dsm250 and P319 transducer
Trying to enable fish finder. Using a dsm250 connected to c80 display with E65009 cable and a Raymarine P319 (E66013) transducer. The transducer is pinging and in statistics menu its stating that it is receiving and transmitting packets and bytes but I have no display, just the blue screen on fish finder page. In the menu it will not scroll down forme to choose a transducer or does it already now that. Help please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-20, 08:59 AM
RE: [DG11] C80, Dsm250 and P319 transducer
Dear Mr White,

Thankyou for your enquiry.

I believe we discussed this yesterday, the transmission of bytes between the DSM and the MFD have nothing to do with the Transducer operation - it simply means the DSM and the MFD are trying to communicate, it does not even mean that they are sharing data - just that they are trying to communicate with each other.

The blue screen means that the MFD is receiving comms from the DSM250, but that may well be no depth data from the transducer.

The fact you are unable to select the correct transducer suggests that the sense line in the transducer is not being read by the DSM.

You may find this link click here helpfull too.

Alternatively I suggest getting a local agent onboard to carry out a test with a temporary transducer over the side of the boat.
regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply