Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Sailboat system help
10-02-19, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-19 09:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Sailboat system help
So I am in the process of purchasing a 36ft sailboat. I am interested in adding an existing Axiom 7 RV that I have. Would like to add the i70 wind /DST system (T70216) as well as the EV-100 wheel pilot (T70152). Wondering if there is any issues or concerns networking this all together? Will the DST transducer interfere with the the real vision transducer? Am I looking at the right components - desire is to have realvision sonar, wind, speed, and depth with autopilot. What data from this system will be available via the raymarine control or viewer apps? I am military and on a tight budget so if there is a better(less costly) solution I am open to idea. Also would like to consider a radar at some point but not critical at this point.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-19, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-19 08:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Sailboat system help
Eheim,

Q1. Would like to add the i70 wind /DST system (T70216) as well as the EV-100 wheel pilot (T70152). Wondering if there is any issues or concerns networking this all together?
A1. There shouldn't be. These items are all designed to be interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. As the resulting system will feature more than one source of depth data, it will be necessary to use the Data Sources feature of the i70 MFID to specify which source of depth data will be used by the system

Q2. Will the DST transducer interfere with the the real vision transducer?
A2. Negative.

Q3. Am I looking at the right components - desire is to have realvision sonar, wind, speed, and depth with autopilot.
A3. Assuming that a wheel pilot is the correct choice for a vessel of your size, then this equipment would be commonly recommended.

Q4. What data from this system will be available via the raymarine control or viewer apps?
A4. The RayControl and RayView apps are designed to remotely control the MFD and/or repeat the screen of the MFD and will correspondingly display whatever is currently displayed on the MFD's screen (except for IP video). Accordingly, should the MFD be configured to display data from your instruments, then this data will likewise be seen within the RayControl and RayView apps. As the requisite data for true wind, lay lines (the latter assumes that the polars for your vessel have been included within the latest available LightHouse 3 software), and advanced sailing features will be supported by the MFD and then likewise accessible / visible via the RayControl and RayView apps.

Q5. Also would like to consider a radar at some point but not critical at this point.
A5. I typically recommend the Quantum 2 radome to any customer considering a radome for a smaller vessel where the vessel is not being primarily used for salt water fishing.
10-14-19, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-19 08:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you!, what is the best way to connect the Axiom 7 to the backbone. I realized that the supplied cord is NEMA 2000, is a simple SeaTalnk NG adapter the right answer?

Additionally with the discontinued Raystar RS130 be able to feed GPS data to the backbone ( i am concerned about gps reception in side the hull .
10-15-19, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-19 08:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Eheim,

Q1. what is the best way to connect the Axiom 7 to the backbone. I realized that the supplied cord is NEMA 2000, is a simple SeaTalnk NG adapter the right answer?
A1. The NMEA 2000 communications interface of Raymarine's Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs features a DeviceNet (M) plug/socket. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a device featuring such a plug/socket may be adapted to be mated to the spur socket of a backbone which has been constructed from Raymarine's SeaTalkng networking components.

Q2. Additionally with the discontinued Raystar RS130 be able to feed GPS data to the backbone ( i am concerned about gps reception in side the hull .)
A2. The Raystar 150 GPS Sensor has succeeded by the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor. It is recommended that GPS sensors be installed in a location affording them an unobstructed view of the skies overhead. Failure to adhere to this recommendation may compromise the GPS sensor's ability to acquire a FIX, maintain a FIX, and/or may adversely affect the accuracy of the FIX.