Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Seatalk to seatalkng
10-09-19, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-19 10:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Seatalk to seatalkng
I have a third party wireless remote for my RM wheel pilot. I have upgraded to an evolution pilot along with an axiom. The output of the wireless is seatalk with three wires and used to connect to the SPX 5 terminals on the course computer. Wondering why no seatalk in the evolution pilot? How would I get seatalk stripped wires to a seatalk to seatalkng converter? Tnx.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-19, 10:40 AM
RE: [CA11] Seatalk to seatalkng
Mark,

Q1. Wondering why no seatalk in the evolution pilot?
A1. Due to the higher data bandwidth demands of the currently manufactured products and adoption of NMEA 2000 communications as the marine electronics industry standard, Raymarine has moved away from SeaTalk to SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications. In support of its vessels having compatible Raymarine products supporting SeaTalk communications, Raymarine's currently manufactured i50/i60/i70 instruments and p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS autopilot control heads feature communications circuitry permitting these devices to be retrofitted into such vessels. Raymarine additionally offers its E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit to support data and command bridging between compatible products featuring a SeaTalk communications interface to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. This kit is used to permit Raymarine's wireless autopilot remote base stations to be interfaced to Evolution autopilots. While there are no promises that may be offered with third party products which have been interfaced to the SeaTalk interface of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, this is the only means by which any possible remote control would occur.

Q2. How would I get seatalk stripped wires to a seatalk to seatalkng converter?
A2. The molded press-fit 3-pin cable of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit will need to be cut off to then access the three wires which you have referenced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply