Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] New Axiom user questions
10-08-19, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-19 01:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] New Axiom user questions
I have just installed an Axiom 9 with a RV100 transducer. Put it on the water yesterday for the first time and seem to be getting interference on the sonar. Attached are some screenshots. It looks like I am leaving a trail of fish on the Realvision and the sonar isn't clean at all. The gain was set to auto. There were no other devices on that could cause interference and I did turn off the engine but there was no change. On installation I installed the drain wire on the negative bus with the negative power lead. Any advice on what is causing this issue?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-19, 03:49 PM
RE: [CA11] New Axiom user questions
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum RockBottom,

It is recommended that the MFD's be updated with LightHouse 3 v3.10.71 or later software and that the Power ON Factory Reset procedure be performed to correct the reported symptom. Should the problem persist thereafter, then please respond accordingly.
10-28-19, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-19 08:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, I updated the software again to LH3 3.10.71 and performed the power on reset. I was on the water yesterday and am still seeing the same issue. Attached are a couple photos. These were all taken at very slow speeds, less than 5 knts and all gains in auto. I can reduce it if I turn the surface filter to max but that doesn't seem right. I tried to cycle on and off power on all other electronics and also shut down engine again but nothing seemed to affect it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-28-19, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-19 08:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rock Bottom,

Given the latest findings coupled with the initial report that the image is also cluttered when the engines and other vessels systems are switched off, it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Alternatively, should the MFD have been purchased within the last 30 days, it may be swapped out by the Raymarine dealer from whom it was purchased. If installed by a Certified Raymarine Installer, it would be recommended that the Certified Raymarine Installer be contacted to test the currently installed MFD within another RV transducer which is suspended over the side of the hull while the boat is docked or anchored in water which is at least 10' deep. The latter test would be used to fault isolate the problem to the MFD or to the transducer.
10-28-19, 08:22 AM
Should I send the MFD and the transducer to the repair center? And do I need to note this discussion?

Thanks
10-28-19, 09:01 AM
Rock Bottom,

To send the MFD into Raymarine's Product Repair Center, click on the corrected link provided within my last response. When on Raymarine's Warranty & Repairs web page, click on the BOOK A REPAIR LINK to begin the process for booking the repair of your product. Doing so will permit you to included a problem statement and will in the end permit you to print a shipping label. I would recommend printing a copy of this thread ... to include your screen shots ... and including these within the package to be shipped to the Repair Center.