Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Fuel data overlay on Axiom 9
10-08-19, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-19 02:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Fuel data overlay on Axiom 9
I have a question about fuel manager. This is a new MFD running the most recent software. I have a Garmin GFS10 fuel flow meter on my network and set up fuel manager. The GFS10 is connected and reporting correctly it appears. I need to be able to add fuel information to my chart screen as an overlay. Specifically instantaneous fuel economy (mpg) and fuel remaining. I assumed once this device was setup this information would be available as an overlay like my previous MFD but I do not see it as an option in the list. How can I get this info to my screens?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-19, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-19 02:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Fuel data overlay on Axiom 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum RockBottom,

MFDs running LightHouse 3 software will support overlaying the screen with user selected data items as well as displaying user selected data items within the MFD's Sidebar feature. Detailed instructions concerning how to add / customize data overlays to an application may be found within Chapter 3.3: Data overlays of the LightHouse 3.10 Advanced Operation Instructions. This section additionally lists the data items which may be used to currently overlaid. Detailed instructions concerning how to add / customize data overlays to an application may be found within Chapter 3.2: Sidebar of the LightHouse 3.10 Advanced Operation Instructions. This section additionally lists the data items which may be currently displayed within the Sidebar. Unfortunately, neither of these features currently support displaying fuel economy and fuel remaining data. At this time, these data items may only be displayed within the Dashboard application which may be displayed alongside (split screen) another application such as the Chart application.

A LightHouse 3 feature request will be logged to consider addition of these data items to those which may be displayed within the LightHouse 3 Sidebar and Data Overlay features. Please click here more information concerning Feature suggestions.
10-09-19, 08:33 AM
Thanks for that information. I am disappointed that is not a current feature. I will spend some time working with the dashboard app to see if I can accomplish what I want.

I did find a post regarding creating custom data pages using EmpirBus graphic. I have found and downloaded the user manual and installation guide for the software. However I cannot find a link to download. Do you know if the EmpirBus graphic software is still available? Is it downloadable from somewhere on the Raymarine site?

Thank you
10-09-19, 09:31 AM
Q1. I will spend some time working with the dashboard app to see if I can accomplish what I want.
A1. I am certain that this is indeed possible.

Q2. I did find a post regarding creating custom data pages using EmpirBus graphic. I have found and downloaded the user manual and installation guide for the software. However I cannot find a link to download. Do you know if the EmpirBus graphic software is still available? Is it downloadable from somewhere on the Raymarine site?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. I believe that you will find the link to download EmpirBus software within the referenced FAQ.