Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] T253 replacement
10-09-19, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-19 12:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] T253 replacement
Hi All,
i have a Flir 253 connected to my MFD GS series , wanting to upgrade it due to the narrow field of view(24 degrees), wanting to know which new model will be the easiest to replace it with, really need at least 40 degrees FOV and more than happy to install one with pan and tilt but has to be a unit that will pan in auto mode.

thanks in advance for any advise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-19, 12:29 PM
RE: [CA11] T253 replacement
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum nautico73,

Unfortunately, we do not offer a compatible thermal camera having a field of view which is more than a degree or so wider than that of the T253. This would then require going to a pan and tilt camera, which could then be directed to the right or left as needed. If seek a camera with the same resolution, then the FLIR M625S or M364 have been recommended. Depending upon the age of the JCU, it may or may not be possible to modify its IP address for use with currently manufactured FLIR thermal cameras.
10-11-19, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-19 10:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thanks for the response the GS165 unit is a 2017 model series #0370091 of which i have two on the dash, happy to go with tilt and pan model as long as it can pan on auto mode please advise

cheers
10-11-19, 01:25 PM
nautico73,

The suggested thermal cameras may be remotely controlled with regard to panning and settings changes. The suggested thermal cameras may also be configured into Surveillance mode in which the thermal camera will pan back and forth.
10-14-19, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-19 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thank you for the response, so if i choose the M364 this would be an easy swap out with the current one?, or would in need to upgrade software and run new cabling.thx
10-14-19, 09:00 AM
nautico73,

Q. if i choose the M364 this would be an easy swap out with the current one?, or would in need to upgrade software and run new cabling.
A. Unlike the T253, the M364 is no designed to supply power to a JCU should the system feature on. If so, then the JCU will need to be powered via a POE injector or POE switch. Regarding JCUs, most which had been used with the T253 may be able to have their IP address changed to support use with a M364 ... some very early models of the Raymarine branded JCUs may not be so changed and will need to be replaced.
The M364 is supplied with its own power cable which will need to be connected to switched power and ground as was the T253's power cable. The M364 features an analog video output cable. Accordingly, it should only be necessary to unscrew the T253's video cable from the coaxial cable and then connect the M364 to the coaxial cable. The T253's Ethernet cable will be disconnected from the weatherproof RJ45-RJ45 coupler and then the M364's Ethernet cable will be plugged into the weatherproof RJ45-RJ45 coupler to complete the power/communications/video connections to the thermal camera.