Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Low voltage alarm
09-25-19, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-19 12:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Low voltage alarm
We have a customer with an Axiom 12 that is acting glitchy in an intermitent fashion. Knowing how they use the boat, we suspect that they are not charging their massive battery bank sufficiently when out on the hook. They anchor out frequently. Is there a low voltage alarm setting in the Axiom 12, and if so, how do we adjust the voltage setting?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-19, 01:21 PM
RE: [CA11] Low voltage alarm
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Peter,

Unfortunately, the LightHouse 3 Alarms settings (HOME->ALARMS) does not include a configuration setting to set a threshold for the low voltage alarm, nor does it include a option to switch off the Low Voltage Alarm. Within the MFD's Fishfinder application, a dialog will pop up to report "Sounder supply voltage too low" when the voltage level to the MFD drops below 10.8V. No audible alarm is produced as a result of this condition. Low voltage alarms can also come from the engine system if it has been interfaced to the marine electronic system's NMEA 2000 backbone and the engine system or gateway report an engine system low voltage alarm. The latter alarms may be switched ON/OFF by configuring Engine Alarms (HOME->ALARMS->SETTINGS->ENGINE ALARMS) to OFF. In the case of the latter, it would be recommended that data from the engine system and gateway be inspected to determine why this alarm has been generated.
10-11-19, 01:09 PM
I agree this is a simple yet critical need. Can a voltage alarm with an adjustable threshold be added to the new feature requests. This is something I lost when I switched to the Axiom MFD from another manufacturers product. I do not have an engine that has any network communications ability so having a simple alarm on the MFD would be great.

Thank you
10-11-19, 01:30 PM
Rock Bottom,

Thanks for the feature suggestion. A feature request will be logged accordingly to consider such an alarm to be supported by the MFD if no NMEA 2000 battery monitor is sensed within the system.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.