Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Fluxgate to P70 System
10-14-19, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-19 11:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Fluxgate to P70 System
Hi

System network components I have are as follows:

c97 MFD - connected to depth transducer and radar
P70 Pilot control head
i60 Wind instrument connected to wind transducer
Fluxgate compass

Not able to install an autopilot ACU or drive at this stage.

Without the ACU can I still get heading information to display on the P70 via a iTC-5 transducer converter? ie wire connect fluxgate to iTC-5 then connect iTC-5 to network via sea talk ng.

Would alternative to the above be to purchase an EV1 and connect that direct into the network vi sea talk ng?

Basic question I suppose is do i need the ACU to display heading information on the P70?

Any assistance appreciated. Thx in advance.

P
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-19, 03:38 PM
RE: [CA11] Fluxgate to P70 System
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Prophecy,

Q1. Without the ACU can I still get heading information to display on the P70 via a iTC-5 transducer converter? ie wire connect fluxgate to iTC-5 then connect iTC-5 to network via sea talk ng.
A1. Possibly. However, if an iTC-5 is installed within the network, then an i70S/i70 MFID must also be installed. All calibration of the fluxgate heading sensor would then be performed via the i70S/i70 MFID.

Q2. Would alternative to the above be to purchase an EV1 and connect that direct into the network vi sea talk ng?
A2. Yes. This approach is favored, will yield the greatest level of heading performance, and may be used when the remaining autopilots components are installed.

Q3. Do i need the ACU to display heading information on the P70?
A3. Negative.
10-15-19, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-19 12:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thx Chuck. Response appreciated.

Had a closer read of the iTC-5 documentation and see what you mean about need for the i70s as part of the network.

No real saving if I need to get the i70 and the iTC-5 to make it work. Will look for an EV1 and be done with it.

Thx.
10-15-19, 12:50 PM
You're welcome.