Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connection Raymarine appliance
10-16-19, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-19 09:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connection Raymarine appliance
Hello,
I have just made a change of Raymarine element on my boat and I will want to know if the shema of connection is correct before putting all the system under tension. I also changed my radio for music by Fusion MS-IP700i, this device is compatible with my Raymarine e95, which cable should I use to connect them together ???
a big thank you for your help

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Shema RAYMARINE.pdf (Size: 939.98 KB / Downloads: 247)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-19, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-19 10:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Connection Raymarine appliance
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Aldej,

Diagram errors and omissions:
1) A SeaTalkng Blanking Plug (black) is shown to be installed within the E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's left backbone (blue) socket. The diagram should be corrected to indicate that a SeaTalkng Termination Plug (blue) should be installed in this location.

2) A SeaTalkng Termination Plug (blue) is shown to be installed within the E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's right-most spur (white) socket. The diagram should be corrected to indicate that a SeaTalkng Blanking Plug (black) should be installed in this location.

3) Devices featuring a SeaTalk communications interface must be interfaced to the a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via the SeaTalk (yellow) socket an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. A SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Adapter Cable cannot be used for this purpose. Accordingly, the SeaTalkng T-Piece to which your diagram shows that the ST60 Tridata has been connected should be replaced with an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

4) The AIS650 cannot be interfaced to the backbone (blue) socket of a T-Piece as is shown within the diagram. The diagram should be corrected to indicate that one of the following is installed in the line connecting the AIS650 to the T-Piece which the e95 MFD should be replaced with one of the following:

a) a SeaTalkng Backbone Cable which in turn is connected to a T-Piece. A SeaTalkng Termination Plug (blue) has been inserted into the unoccupied backbone (blue) socket of the SeaTalkng T-Piece. The AIS650 is connected to the added SeaTalkng T-Piece via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.

b) a SeaTalkng Backbone Cable which in turn is connected to a SeaTalkng Inline Terminator. The AIS650 is connected to the added SeaTalkng Inline Terminator via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.

5) The MFD is interfaced to the Fusion MS-IP700i via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45(M) Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply