Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axion RV 9
10-24-19, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-19 12:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axion RV 9
Hi everyone,

I'm from Brazil and in my city I usually go fishing in a depth between 250ft and 500ft. I have the axion RV 9 with transducer RV 100, however, whenever I reach the depth of 200ft, the equipment stops working. Does anyone know how can I fix this issue?

Thank you very much. I appreciate any help.

Best,
Orlando
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-19, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-19 01:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axion RV 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Orlando,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing maximum depths supported by the different types of sonar supported by a RV transducer. Depth performance will vary with conditions. Maximum depth for RV transducers will be achieved when using the Sonar (low power / high frequency CHIRP sonar) channel If utilizing this channel, and you have verified that the transducer is free of marine growth, and the vessel is operating at trolling speeds or slower, and you find that the maximum depth supported is only 200', then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. When operating in depths greater than 300' or if seeking to maximize bottom tracking performance while on plane, it is typically recommended that a transducer Y-Cable be installed along with a compatible 600W 50kHz/200kHz transducer. After doing so, 50kHz or 200kHz sonar would be used when operating under the latter conditions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply