Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] ECI-100 compatibility with Etecs
10-28-19, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-19 10:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] ECI-100 compatibility with Etecs
Gentlemen, hope i can get some advice from the experts. we would like to install Raymarine Axiom 9 MFDs on our center console RIB that runs 2 x 200hp Etecs. The Axiom MFDs will be used as a chartplotter /sonar display and also as a dedicated display for engine data. Will the ECI-100 work with the Evinrude Etecs(NMEA@2000)? The dealer we were talking to was not too sure about compatibility , so recommended that i clear this with Raymarine. Also, what would you recommend by way of showing tank data, given that the ECI-100 is only for engine data? Thanks in advance for any information
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-19, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-19 01:03 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] ECI-100 compatibility with Etecs
Hello dars padilla,

NMEA2000 engine data can be connected directly into the Axiom's STNG network. An engine gateway, providing isolation, is a good idea, though the ECI-100 doesn't officially support Evinrude (the officially supported integrations are listed here.)

Your tank data should be connected directly into STNG, not on the engine side of any gateway.

You should be fine to connect the engines and tank sensor(s) straight into the same network as the Axiom system. Just make sure than any NMEA2000 network has only a single point of power and exactly 2 terminators. You can see the STNG (our implementation of NMEA2000) reference manual at https://raymarine.app.box.com/s/2ulwt6ye...1787214721.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply