Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Analog Wind Input to Tacktick
10-28-19, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-19 08:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Analog Wind Input to Tacktick
I'm wondering if I can use an analog wind indicator, such as an ST60, to feed wind data to the Tacktick system.

I have the T120/T112 Tacktick wind system, but I've never been able to get continuous data from the sensor, it drops out at least 50% of the time. I've put an new battery and bearings in the T120, but it's on a 50' mast and in five years I've never gotten reliable data.

I also have two T111 displays, into which I feed data from an ST40 depth/speed sensor and a GPS by means of an E85001 Sea Talk to NEMA 0183 converter and a T122 hull transmitter. If I install a system such at ST60 wind into the Sea Talk network, will it provide the data for the T112 display as well as all the other T111 functions using wind?

Neil Gallagher
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-19, 08:41 AM
RE: [CA11] Analog Wind Input to Tacktick
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Neil,

Yes. TackTick equipment may either be the originator of data (i.e. via Tack Tick transducers and instrument) or may repeat data from a NMEA 0183 (via T122 Wireless Interface) or SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 (via MicroTalk Wireless Gateway) sources. Calibration of instrument data must be performed via the instrument responsible for originating such data. Accordingly, should the Tack Tick equipment not be the source of wind data, then calibration of wind data would not be accomplished via the Tack Tick equipment.
10-30-19, 07:46 AM
Thanks for your reply.

I really do like the functionality of the whole system, does sound correct that the distance between the T120 to the T112 is the most likely reason I'm not getting continuous data?

Regarding the calibration of the analog input, then, it means I would need the ST60 wind display to be active, and from that output the data to the Sea Talk network?

Neil Gallagher
10-30-19, 08:42 AM
Neil,

Q. Regarding the calibration of the analog input, then, it means I would need the ST60 wind display to be active, and from that output the data to the Sea Talk network?
A. An ST60/ST60+ Wind instrument or i60 Wind Instrument may be used within a SeaTalk bus for the purpose which you have specified.