Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] St 60 anemometer and direction broken off.
10-29-19, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-19 12:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] St 60 anemometer and direction broken off.
An overhanging branch snapped off the anemometer/ direction breaking the tube that connects it to the masthead block, but it landed , otherwise undamaged on the deck. There seem to be no wires involved and if I blow down the tube the cups start to rotate. Can I rejoin the the break with plastic tubing and expect the unit, possibly, to work
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-19, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-19 01:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] St 60 anemometer and direction broken off.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Duncan,

The ST60 Masthead Transducer's design features wires which pass from the transducer, through its aluminum arm (tube) the pins of the masthead transducer's plug. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the pinout / wire colors associated with the masthead Transducer's plug. However, should the masthead transducer's arm separated from either the transducer or from the its plug, then it is recommended that the masthead transducer be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
11-10-19, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-19 09:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Shocked RE: [CA11] St 60 anemometer and direction broken off.
I’m in El Salvador so have to repair it myself, are there any wiring diagrams and techniques for dis/ re- assembly available
11-12-19, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-19 01:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] St 60 anemometer and direction broken off.
Duncan,

Internal end user repairs of Raymarine Products are not supported. The following Raymarine Dealer/Insta is located in El Salvador:

MASPOR MARINE INTERNATIONAL
PASEO GENERAL ESCALON
SEGUNDA PLANTA, LOCAL # 1
SAN SALVADOR,
Phone:503-7886-3275

It is recommended that this dealer be contacted to seek repair or replacement of the currently installed masthead wind transducer. Alternatively, the masthead transducer may be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center as indicated within earlier response.