Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] "Bullet like graphics" on all screens
10-30-19, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-19 06:45 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] "Bullet like graphics" on all screens
Hi,

I have a C70 Raymarine MFD (from around 2008) that just started showing a large "graphic" on the screen that looks like a bullet [censored] surrounded by "cracks". The glass is not cracked. Is this something that is wrong with the screen or is there some type of setting that got turned on. I've never seen this before. Turning on/off unit does not make a difference or removing and reinserting the CF card. It shows on all screens including startup, navigation, and radar. Pictures are attached.

Thanks for your help,

Jason

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
10-31-19, 06:51 AM
RE: [DG11] "Bullet like graphics" on all screens
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the enquiry,

The pictures show what looks like screen burn/ solar burn, possibly there was a reflection off a surface directing sunlight direct onto the screen and creating a local hotspot which over a period of time has lead to this burnt effect.

The only solution is replacing the LCD and front window, unfortunately we no longer have spares in our own workshops for these displays, but it would be worth calling around the local service agents, possibly they may still have spares.
Regards
Derek
10-31-19, 07:00 PM
Hi Derek,

I don't know what it is, but not "solar burn". I've seen solar burn and this looks nothing like it. And more importantly, the screen is ALWAYS covered with the Raymarine cover and our entire helm station has a sunbrella cover fitted to it.

The screen was fine when we prepped the boat when Hurricane Dorian was headed our way over Labor Day. Fortunately no hurricane, but several weeks later when we "unprepped the boat" and went sailing, this is what the display looks like.

It really almost looks like a graphic being displayed... but maybe delamination of the screen? mold? just never seen anything like this...

Was planning a major upgrade of electronics before we start our long term cruising adventure - looks like that will be a definite!

Jason
11-04-19, 10:03 AM
Dear Breathe1999,

Thank you for your post.

Something has caused the screen to disintegrate this way but as Derek mentioned we are unable to offer a repair as we have no C70 screens in stock anymore for repairing units.

If you are over in the Americas, it may be that a dealer or the US support team can point you in the direction of a repair centre that can assist.

Many Thanks
Louise
Thread Closed