Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] TackTicks to Axiom
10-31-19, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-19 01:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] TackTicks to Axiom
I just purchased a 2010 sailboat with c.2010 TackTick instruments which I would like to integrate into an Axiom MFD. Please describe in detail exactly how I can accomplish that and what parts are required.
Additionally, I have purchased and will install a RM 2000 tiller pilot. How will that device integrate with my TackTick instruments and the Axiom? Is there a RM power cord to connect to my tiller pilot or a recommended connector to my power source?
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-19, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-19 02:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] TackTicks to Axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum silversailor,

An E70361 Micro-Talk Wireless Performance Sailing Gateway will be required to bridge data between a Tack Tick system and an Axiom MFD. The MFD and Micro-Talk Wireless Performance Sailing Gateway will each be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The Micro-Talk Wireless Performance Sailing Gateway will be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. As the NMEA 2000 socket of the Axiom MFD's Power / NMEA 2000 Cable features a DeviceNet (M) socket, any one the following adapters may be used to interface the MFD as a spur to a SeaTalkng backbone:
- A06045 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F)
- A06082 DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable

Regarding the autopilot which you intend to interface to the system, should the model of tiller pilot be a ST2000, then please note that it features a SeaTalk rather than a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communcations interface. Accordingly, an E22158 SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit will also be required. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will be installed as a backbone component (i.e. connected to the simple backbone referenced above via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable). The supplied SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable will be interfaced to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block which in turn will be interfaced to the ST2000 via an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable. When connecting the SeaTalk Cable to the ST2000's SeaTalk terminals, the SeaTalk Cable's red (SeaTalk power) lead will not be used and this lead should be insulated to prevent shorting.

The ST2000 is not supplied with a power cable and its bulkhead socket will be powered by user supplied cable/wire manner specified within the ST2000's installation guide.
11-12-19, 07:36 AM
There's no need for a power cable for ST2000 or am I getting that wrong, Chuck?
11-12-19, 11:05 AM
GarmanS,

Q. There's no need for a power cable for ST2000.
A. This is an incorrect statement. The ST2000 requires power to support its processor and drive its motor. Power is not obtained from the SeaTalk bus. Also, when interfaced to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, it is recommended that the autopilot not supply power to the SeaTalk bus, which would then back feed the SeaTalkng backbone. Instead, see my earlier response concerning installation of the SeaTalkng Power Cable and not connecting the SeaTalk power (red) lead to the ST2000's bulkhead socket.