Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom 12RV + 600W & Realvision 3D Sonar
11-03-19, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-19 03:53 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom 12RV + 600W & Realvision 3D Sonar
Hello,

I have an Axiom 12RV + 600W & Realvision 3D Sonar equipment new from May 2019 installed in my boat. It seems working reasonably well but I don't get signal when deep is more than 80 meters. I have been said to change sonar frequency and try but I can't find that configuration utility on the Axiom.

I can also see if with proper configuration I can get more accurate signal since I only think at 30/40 meters is not showing fish properly.

Could you please help on how to change configuration parameters (I know how to get the 3 sonar configuration parameters).

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-19, 05:09 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom 12RV + 600W & Realvision 3D Sonar
Dear mcabrer,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm the Lighthouse software revision in your Axiom?
HOMESCREEN> SETTINGS> this will be listed under the Axiom description

Are you in fresh or saltwater?
What transducer are you using?
What speeds are you at when looking for fish?

You can change the frequency to 50KHz that is the better option for deeper waters due to the wide beam angle, you can change these settings within the fishfinder app.
FISHFINDER APP> MENU> ALL CHANNELS - here will be a list available to you - select the appropriate one.

You can find more information regarding the use of the fishfinder app and settings in chapter 10 in the Lighthouse 3 advanced user manual that is available to download from the website here.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply