Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Continued sea talk failure on ST4000 Need to replace?
11-03-19, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-19 05:18 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Continued sea talk failure on ST4000 Need to replace?
Purchased a sailboat a few months ago and I have not been able to clear the sea talk failure on screen. I get compass reading under FLR reading but I cannot clear. I have followed all reccomedations from threads on this forum with no luck. Should I replace and will I have to replace everything including tridata instruments?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-19, 05:32 AM
RE: [DG11] Continued sea talk failure on ST4000 Need to replace?
Hi Jbrooksbar

SeaTalk Fail is an alarm that indicates the SeaTalk network has either a short circuit to 12v or a short circuit to 0v

Disconnect all SeaTalk connections to the control unit so that it is completely isolated, if the SeaTalk Fail alarm is still shown, then the ST4000 Control unit itself is faulty.

If the alarm disappears, then the fault is elsewhere in the SeaTalk network and you will be able to trace it through a simple process of elimination, unplugging each length of cable and each SeaTalk display, one at a time until the Fault is cleared.

As Described in response to your other post, you can replace the ST4000 Pilot with an EV100 pilot and then link the new EV100 system to your existing SeaTalk network via an E22158 SeaTalk to STng converter.

Regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply