Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
02-17-20, 08:31 AM
RE: [LW11] AIS700 do not send position data to DSC VHF
Hi capmax1,

This is the first issue I have experienced with AIS700 not sending GPS data on the NMEA 4800 out. If it was a software issue we would of had more reports for sure.

V1.05 and V1.06 are stable for outputting this data, you are currently on V1.05 as mentioned before and you had your AIS700 working on this version.

Where are you located and I will look to see who is around to help?

Feel free to show this post to the dealer.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-20, 10:42 AM
Dear Louise,
thanks for this additional support from your side.

I'm Located in Italy, Milan downtown. My reference dealer is "i 40 Ruggenti" located in Milan, Via Andrea Mantegna, 15, 20154 Milano, they are official Raymarine Dealer.
Raymarine Italy Srl is located in Via Luciano Manara, 2, 20812 Limbiate MB not far from my home (6miles).
I try to be present, with the Dealer representative, in a past Raymarine visit but it was refused. I would discuss technically with the Raymarine technical person as I can't accept another AIS substitution without have the prouve the (substitution new) AIS has the DSC VHF data signal presence.

I guess Raymarine Italy have an AIS connected to a MFD and DSC VHF demo full working for exibition. I would see the DSC VHF data signal flow on NMEA LO In/Out independently of the type of MFD attached.

For any additional direct contact by Raymarine Italy pls refer to:
Massimiliano MANZETTI
20161 Milano
+39 348 7492976
I'm available, for the test, all working days of the week.

Cheers and have a nice week.
Max
02-18-20, 07:32 AM
Please contact me at support.uk@raymarine.com

Many Thanks
Louise
03-17-20, 10:01 AM
Dear Louis,
sorry for pushing myself into this conversation.

I have the exactly same problem with a brand new AIS700 connecting to a RAY60 through the NMEA183 port 2.
All settings were made accordingly in the configuration tool and the corresponding GNxxx data records are also output on port 1 (38k), but not on port 2 (4.8k).
It just doesn't work, nothing comes out from the.
I checked the output with different NMEA183 receivers, always nothing.

Conversely the same problem with the NMEA183 input-port of the also brand new RAY60: Checkt it also with diffent NME183 GNSS-Transmitters,
no chance to send any normal NMEA183 GPS dataset to the machine.
I also changed the AIS700-port 1 to 4.8k and connected it while broadcasting to the RAY60, again on the RAY60 display "no gps data".

Why this oldscool NMEA183 connection?
Both devices are directly connected and thus form a simple reserve navigation system when all the blinbling stuff fails, and it also saves energy at long ocean passages.

Maybe offtopic but in consens is the next problem with the also brand new AXIOM 9:
It does not accept position-data from No-Raymarine N2k devices.
In the Network-Service window of the AXIOM you can see, for example, a 3th-party-Navigation system connected to the network like all the other RAYMARINE-STng-stuff, and you can see how it is broadcasting its GNSS position datas.
However, the AXIOM simply does not accept this and doesnt display the device in the data window when it searches for GPS data.
For my understanding, a plotter should use all possibilities of the network to get a position.
Preferably in a priority order, ordered by the accuracy of the position, but in the end, however, even the most inaccurate position is better than none.Too many restrictions are simply inappropriate at this point.

And so I am increasingly frustrated with the deteriorating quality of RAYMARINE materials, especially in software and firmware.
So much more blingbling, but unfortunately no more substantial progress.
In my opinion, the Lighthouse II generation was among others also much more reliable and powerful in terms of N2K / STng networking and connectivity.

I hope you have an idea about the NMEA183 problem.
The informative value of the published technical documentation can be described as "lean", especially as far as the protocols are concerned.

Greetings from the Island of Ruegen,

Claus

Dreams are the beginning of everything ...
03-24-20, 04:03 AM
Dear Claus,

Thank you for your post.

At the time of connecting the AIS700 and RAY60 have you got NMEA2000 and NMEA0183 connected at the same time?

Have you got a GPS fix on the AIS700?
This is not a complaint heard of before now, can you send in a system schematic along with the software revision in each unit for me to look at, send it too support.uk@raymarine.com

With regards to your Axiom, this will accept GPS data from third party systems. What are you connecting on the network as a GPS source that you are not detecting on the Axiom? Are the devices listed in product info?
HOMESCREEN> SETTINGS>NETWORK> DIAGNOSTICS> PRODUCT INFO - here you should see everything available on the network.
Also have a look in data sources in the same menu - what is your selected GPS source?
What revision of Lighthouse 3 do you have installed on the Axiom, the current revision is LH3.11.42.

Many Thanks
Louise
03-24-20, 05:19 AM
Dear Louis,

many thanks for your feedback
Please be patient, as soon as I have all the data together you will immediately receive an email.

Greetings from the island of Ruegen

Claus

(03-24-20 04:03 AM)Louise - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Dear Claus,

Thank you for your post.

At the time of connecting the AIS700 and RAY60 have you got NMEA2000 and NMEA0183 connected at the same time?

Have you got a GPS fix on the AIS700?
This is not a complaint heard of before now, can you send in a system schematic along with the software revision in each unit for me to look at, send it too support.uk@raymarine.com

With regards to your Axiom, this will accept GPS data from third party systems. What are you connecting on the network as a GPS source that you are not detecting on the Axiom? Are the devices listed in product info?
HOMESCREEN> SETTINGS>NETWORK> DIAGNOSTICS> PRODUCT INFO - here you should see everything available on the network.
Also have a look in data sources in the same menu - what is your selected GPS source?
What revision of Lighthouse 3 do you have installed on the Axiom, the current revision is LH3.11.42.

Many Thanks
Louise

Dreams are the beginning of everything ...
03-24-20, 06:45 AM
Hi Peanpe,

I am not going anywhere at the moment, so no rush.

All the best
Louise
03-24-20, 08:27 AM
Please add me to this list as I have exact same problem as described by the OP and Peanpe

With a authorised raymarine dealer installing a full system, when Axiom Pro is turned on AND gps nmea data is derived from it, the icom M506 and M802 receive GPS location data just fine.

My system however has layered power distribution such that mfd plotters may be turned off while offshore....

breaker 1: autopilot, seatalk (GPS130), seatalkNG (2 off p70s, 3 off i70s, i60, i50)
breaker 2: 2 off axiom pro 9, raynet switch
breaker 3: quantum 2 scanner
breaker 4: VHF radio, AIS700

With this setup I required the AIS700 to be the source of GPS data for the radios only.... I have AIS700 sending high speed AIS data to seatalkNG on one port, and location data to icom ic-m506 and M802 on the other... no position data is received by the radios.

Having read this thread about its non-operation, I looked for alternative sources given my schedule is tight, and so purchased the Raymarine VHF NMEA0183 to seatalkNG converter as the supplier advertised compatibility to M802. So, $100 later and the M506 VHF gets data and yet the M802 still does not...this latter aspect is presumably an NMEA sentence format problem..

So, I confirm that this issue is real, exists and is causing problems.

thanks,
03-24-20, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-20 11:51 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dear Mystic38,

Before I can fully investigate I need further information and your issue seems different to the ones above.

All of your equipment appears to be connected on STng and not NMEA0183 (NMEA0183 is the issue in the previous post).

Your AIS700 is connected on STng.

Your M506 is receiving GPS data and is connected in STng.

Your M802 is not receiving GPS data but only has NMEA0183, therefore I feel the issue here is not with the AIS700 not outputting GPS data. It could be a wiring issue or a faulty product.

How have you connected the NMEA0183 to STng convertor? Have you got it connected as a spur to one of the white ports on the STng backbone? If so have you put the terminators in? As this will corrupt the data.

On the cable from the convertor you will need to connect the yellow to the negative NMEA in on your M802 and connect the red to the positive NMEA in on your M802.

This should provide GPS data from the STng network. what is the LED indicator displaying on the convertor?

Send a system diagram to support.uk@raymarine.com

Many Thanks
Louise
03-31-20, 07:57 AM
Dear Louise,
Capmax1 here. As you are aware COVID19 is devasting Italian territory. All activities are closed as Raymarine offices and dealers officies. I'm back to you with AIS evolution ASAP. Hopefully before end of current year.
Take care and stay safe. Good luck to all of you..
Cheers MAX