Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom 9 Pro Radar Display Possible Bug
11-11-19, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-19 07:02 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom 9 Pro Radar Display Possible Bug
Good day,

We've noticed that the following commands cause a blank white screen to take the place of the radar information pane when in split-screen mode.

From the Home Screen:
Select Charts/Radar split screen
Using the switch button selecting the radar pane.
Long press the switch button to expand the radar pane to fullscreen.

When we switch back to split screen view, the radar pane comes back as blank white and requires exiting back to the main menu and re-selecting the Charts/Radar preset.

This seems to be reproducible. It happened about 5 times in a row today when we were trying to figure out what was wrong.

Maybe this is our unit? Maybe it's a bug?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-19, 07:05 AM
RE: [LW11] Axiom 9 Pro Radar Display Possible Bug
Dear voombaloo,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm the revision of Lighthouse 3 you have installed on the Axiom Pro?

HOMESCREEN> SETTINGS> the revision will be under the Axiom description

What radar have you connected? Is it wireless or wired?

Are you using the hard key to switch navigation panes?

I have tried your process and cannot replicate but this is on the most recent version of software.

I look forward to your response.

Many Thanks
Louise
11-25-19, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-19 09:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Louise,

Thanks for your reply, the Axiom 9 Pro is on Lighthouse v3.10.71, It's connected via hardwire to a Magnum 4 foot 4 kW open array. I was only able to replicate the bug while the radar was transmitting (wouldn't happen on standby).

I see there's a new update for November so I'll install that and report back.

Cheers
11-27-19, 02:05 AM
Hi Louise,

Today I updated from Bermuda to Cannes. The unit is connected via cable to a Magnum 4 foot, 4 kW open array RADAR. I was able to replicate the issue in a demo profile with simulated data dockside today as I didn't want to fire up the RADAR in the boathouse.

Chart/Radar split screen.
Select RADAR "adjust sensitivity" option (screen transitions to full-screen RADAR, see photo)
Press the hard key once to select the active screen (full-screen RADAR) then press and hold to go back to split-screen view.
When split-screen comes back the RADAR pane is blank white (see photo).

Thanks for your help.