Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Importing Routes/Waypoints into Wifi enabled plotters
11-12-19, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-19 03:51 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Importing Routes/Waypoints into Wifi enabled plotters
I have recently inherited a relatively recent Raymarine system on a new boat, having previously used a system from B&G.

My modus operandi on the B&G system was to use a weather routing application (in this case PredictWind) to generate a .gpx route file. I would then write this file onto the SD card in the plotter via the wifi network. In the case of the B&G plotter, the SD card simply appeared on the local network as a hard-drive so I could delete, edit and transfer routes as required.

To date, I have not found a way of replicating this functionality on the Raymarine plotter.

I am led to believe by my local Raymarine installer that this can only be done manually by removing an SD card from the plotter.

My plotter is in my steering binnacle so the idea of manipulating a micro SD card in the depth of the night, with the wind driving rain and spray on to the plotter is a non starter.

Please someone tell me that in this connected world there is a way on importing or uploading routes to the plotter without having to manipulate a micro SD card.

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-19, 11:25 AM
RE: [LW11] Importing Routes/Waypoints into Wifi enabled plotters
Dear Simara,

Thank you for your post.

Firstly we need to clarify what MFD you have, as the card reader is on the rear of the MFD

You can sync the Navionics app from a phone or tablet to the MFD and sync routes/ waypoints to the Navionics chart card. Take a further look on the Navionics website here.

The MFD also offers the ability to edit/ save your waypoint and route data on to the sd card and use it as external memory, this can be removed when the vessel is moored.

We do sell an external card reader that can be surface mounted, this has a micro sd slot and a USB slot. The part number is A80440, this will then provide easy access to your memeory card.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply