Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] St5000+
11-14-19, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-19 11:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] St5000+
I am having issues calibrating my autopilot - has previously worked well

I can complete the compass deviation correction getting a deviation of 4deg. The issue is with the heading alignment. I go thro the procedure and get the display heading to agree with my compass heading. I then exit the calibration screen

When I do this the alignment heading remains on the display irrespective of the heading of the boat. Ie set to say 180deg during calibration - after exiting calibration 180deg remains the displayed heading

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-19, 08:57 PM
RE: [TG11] St5000+
Hello Geoff0499,

Is the indicated heading static from power-up, or does it respond normally up to a point and then stop changing? If the latter, what is the trigger for it stopping responding?
  • Heading that is completely static from power-up is usually a faulty fluxgate compass, though if this were the case I would not expect the compass swing to complete.
  • Heading that is dynamic at start-up and then stops changing at some time after without any buttons being pressed is usually either a Data Loop (data cycling between two networks, e.g. Seatalk and NMEA0183, and the same stale data value being passed between the networks) or a broken winding in the fluxgate compass.
  • If the heading only stops responding when you perform some action, what is the action?

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply