Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Turning 2D sonar off in Element HV
11-20-19, 05:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-19 11:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Turning 2D sonar off in Element HV
I have just purchased an Element HV with HV-100 transducer. I just realized that I might like to have another sonar device (I have not decided which) to my boat. The Element would be for side imaging and the other screen for traditional 2D sonar.

The Element can not be linked to another screen, so I can not run multiple screens with only one transducer. This is a problem, as I know that two sonars operating at same frequency most likely causes disturbance to the images. Now, I don't want that. So my idea was to change the Element to a different frequency than my other devise. Well, it turned out the 2D sonar in Element only supports 200kHz. I would like to have the 2D sonar of my other unit at 200kHz, as it makes seeing the lure under the boat much easier than with 50kHz.

So my question is, can I turn off the 2D sonar, while simultaneously keeping on the side imaging of the Element HV unit? This would naturally solve my problem.

Alternatively, it would solve my problem if there is a a way of placing the transducers so that they would not interfere with each other.

Also other solutions are wellcome.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-19, 11:08 AM
RE: [CA11] Turning 2D sonar off in Element HV
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ylllis,

Q1. Can I turn off the 2D sonar, while simultaneously keeping on the side imaging of the Element HV unit?
A1. Negative. Changing the Ping state within a sonar application pane (for any type of sonar) will cause all pings from the HV transducer to cease.

Q2. It would solve my problem if there is a a way of placing the transducers so that they would not interfere with each other.
A2. You may want to experiment with switching the 200kHz fishfinder OFF and then adjusting (i.e. increasing) the sensitivity within the 2D Sonar to permit returns from the lure to be observed within the Sonar application.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply