Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Download of v3.11.42 Cannes
11-21-19, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-19 12:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Download of v3.11.42 Cannes
I downloaded the latest software update v3.11.42 Cannes and have experienced the following issues after the download.

1.) Using the Axiom 9 pro at the helm and an Axiom 9 at the chart table, both connected and on,
I downloaded the latest software I received a warning that Axiom 9 did not have enough internal memory to accept the download on the Axiom 9 Pro, however, when I checked the 9 it indicates that it is running the V3.11.42 Cannes software.

2.) After the download, I am no longer able to turn on the Quantum 2 Radar in either the wired or the WIFI mode. I looked on the network page and it does not show that the radar is connected. I checked the network switch and it is indicating a green light. I removed the fuse for the unit and the green network light went off and when the fuse the light returned to the green indication.
When I try to bring up the radar on either MFD it shows a screen that says off/not connected and an ON button. When the ON button is pushed it times out and says no radar found. also when the menu button in the upper right corner is pushed it turns blue but does not bring up a dropdown menu
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-19, 01:20 PM
RE: [CA11] Download of v3.11.42 Cannes
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum TJ,

Q1a. Using the Axiom 9 pro at the helm and an Axiom 9 at the chart table, both connected and on, I downloaded the latest software I received a warning that Axiom 9 did not have enough internal memory to accept the download on the Axiom 9 Pro
A1a. While Axiom Pro MFDs and Axiom XL MFDs have sufficient internal memory to support performing the last few software updates via WiFi, Axiom MFDs have required that a microSD memory card having 1-2 GB of available memory be present within the MFD's memory card reader during WiFi software updates. This requirement also applies to Axiom MFDs which will be remotely updated via an Axiom Pro MFD or Axiom XL MFD. Raymarine is considering changes to the WiFi software update process which would eliminate this requirement for Axiom MFDs.

Q1b. When I checked the 9 it indicates that it is running the V3.11.42 Cannes software?
A1b. Was a microSD memory card having 1-2 GB of available memory be present within the Axiom MFD's memory card reader during WiFi software update? If not, then it would be recommended that the software update be performed again to the Axiom MFD after having either inserted the microSD containing the software update files into the Axiom MFD's memory card reader; or inserting a microSD memory card having 1-2 GB of available memory into the Axiom MFD's memory card reader.

Q2a. After the download, I am no longer able to turn on the Quantum 2 Radar in either the wired or the WIFI mode.
A2a. Please note that we have not been able to duplicate this issue. Using a MFD running LH3 v3.11.42 software we were able to successfully communicate with a wired Quantum 2 radome. We then disconnected the radome from the Ethernet network and we were then able to communicate with the Quantum 2 radome via WiFi. WiFi mode will not be possible if the Quantum /Quantum 2 radome detects that it has been interfaced to an Ethernet network. Thererfore, it would be necessary to either disconnect the Quantum Data Cable from the radome, HS5 RayNet Network Switch, or MFD's Ethernet socket.

It is recommended that you verify that the circuit which you had previously switched OFF is the circuit which is actually supplying power to the radome's Power Cable or Digital Radar Cable. If so, then it is accordingly recommended that the MFDs' data and settings be backed up via the Data Master MFD, that a Raymarine’s web sitePower ON Factory Reset be performed to each of the system's MFDs, and that the system then be tested. If the problem is corrected by this action, then the system's data and settings may be restored from the saved data and settings files stored on the microSD memory card within the MFD's memory card reader.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply