Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] What RM hardware will be required for the drone?
07-27-18, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-18 02:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] What RM hardware will be required for the drone?
I have upgraded to the new software with the UAV option and have identified a source for the drone. What else is required from Raymarine to make this work. I heard that a heading indicator would be required.

Can you provide a list of parts we will need to make this work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-18, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-18 11:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] What RM hardware will be required for the drone?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum StriperMemories,

The following minimum set of hardware is required to support the Axiom UAV features introduced within the LightHouse 3 v3.6.32 software update:

- Axiom, Axiom Pro, or Axiom XL MFD running Light House 3 v3.6.32 software
- DJI Mavic Pro UAV or DJI Mavic Pro Platinum UAV
- Optional heading data source - ... primarily to support the chart based features where the vessel icon (along with its vectors) and drone icon (along with its vectors) will be displayed. Additionally, supports Head-Up chart orientation when vessel is stationary.
- Optional GPS data source for marine electronics (only required if MFD's installation location will not afford it to acquire and maintain a GPS position FIX ... please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject).
07-31-18, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-18 09:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the information Chuck. The heading sensor (EV1) was going to present a problem for me. Can you post an explanation of how the system operates. It appears that the handheld controller is still needed. Looks like the MFD brings the drone back, then you will land it with the handheld controller.

Is the MFD simply connected to the handheld controller?
08-01-18, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-18 10:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
StriperMemories,

The MFD is indeed physically connected to the UAV's controller via a USB A to Micro cable. Earlier today, Raymarine's product management reviewed the Axiom UAV feature within Raymarine. Please click here to view the LightHouse 3.6 Axiom UAV feature / operation overview FAQ.
11-26-19, 06:46 AM
Hi, I am considering a new Mavic Drone to use with my AxiomPro16RVX , I note I will need to connect the drone controller to my axiom with a USB cable....am I correct I have to remove my axiom from the dash of my boat and connect the drone controller cable to the rear of the axiom? (This doesn’t seem practical)
11-26-19, 08:59 AM
Mark,

As you have suggested the UAV controller's USB cable must be directly connected to the USB port located on the back side of the Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD on which the app is to be executed. While Raymarine is considering introduction of a USB extension for this purpose, no announcement has been made regarding if/when one would be introduced. The SD Remote Card Readers USB socket unfortunately cannot be used for this purpose. Were the system extended to include even the least expensive bracket mounted Axiom MFD, then the UAV controller's USB cable could be connected to the bracket mounted MFD's USB port.