MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Raymarine forum - [CA11] Axiom and VMG

Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Axiom and VMG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am buying a new sailboat with an Axiom chartplotter, so I downloaded both the basic and the advanced operating manuals I found online, and never found anything about VMG, even after doing a search for the term.

Does Axiom not show VMG (velocity made good) which is critical for racers?

If not I will have to invest in some other plotter that does.

Regards,

RK Wright
Adelaide SA
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum RK Wright,

The VMG to Waypoint is indeed one of the data items supported within the Dashboard application of MFD's running LightHouse 3 software (ex. Axiom / Axiom Pro / Axiom XL MFDs).
Thanks for the info.

VMG is not mentioned in the Advanced Operations Instructions manual for Lighthouse 3.2, even in Chapter 11, Dashboard App. I suppose I'll be able to figure out how to access it. If not, I'll holler back.

rkw
RKW,

In fact VMG is addressed. This data item is addressed within the Available Data Items section of Chapter 12.1Dashboardappoverview of the LightHouse 3.6 Advanced Operation Instructions.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2332]
Thanks! The version I have is 3.2. I downloaded it a few months ago and I see now I need to update. Mea culpa for not checking that sooner.

rkw
You're welcome.
Reference URL's