Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System (/showthread.php?tid=10041)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - jefndeb - 12-04-19 10:47 AM

Hello,

I just wanted for you guys to review the system diagram I have attached here which has been updated to show the new AR-200 unit in support of the ClearCruise system that I will be calibrating this weekend.

Thanks
Jeff in Savannah

RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-04-19 12:49 PM

Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

- The diagram incorrectly indicates that a spur cable is to be used to connect the iTC-5 to the 5-Way Connector ... this should be relabeled to indicate that backbone cable will be used.

- it is recommended that the i70 not be interfaced to the SeaTalk bus. Instead, it is recommended that the i70 be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone to maximize the features and data which it will support.

- Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the SeaTalk bus including your ST60 instruments and legacy autopilot should be interfaced to the system. In short two SeaTalk busses will be created. The first SeaTalk bus will include only the ST8002, RF Base, and p70. The bus containing these items alone will be interfaced to one of the autopilot course computer's two SeaTalk ports. The second SeaTalk bus will include the ST60 instruments. One end of the second SeaTalk bus will be connected to the SeaTalk (yellow) socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The other end of the second SeaTalk bus will be connected to the autopilot course computer's remaining SeaTalk port. When connecting the second SeaTalk bus to the autopilot course computer, only the data (yellow) and ground (shield) lead of the SeaTalk cable will be connected to the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk terminals. The SeaTalk cable's red lead will be insulated to prevent shorting.

- The B744V shown within the diagram must be a compatible fishfinder version of this transducer in order to be interfaced to an Axiom DV or Axiom RV MFD.

RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - jefndeb - 12-06-19 10:16 AM

Thanks, here is the updated schematic with the corrections.

Jeff

RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-06-19 11:05 AM

Jeff,

You're latest diagram looks good.

RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - jefndeb - 12-06-19 03:03 PM

Hey Chuck,

got it hooked up but now it says I have no heading source...I don't have the ar-200 connected yet cause it has to be calibrated still...should it not just use the Ng converter which has the flux compass on it?.

RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-06-19 03:18 PM

Jeff,

Q. got it hooked up but now it says I have no heading source...I don't have the ar-200 connected yet cause it has to be calibrated still...should it not just use the Ng converter which has the flux compass on it?.
A. Negative. The ClearCruise feature in not simply dependent upon heading data ... it requires that an AR200 be interfaced to the system

RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - jefndeb - 12-06-19 03:24 PM

OK, yes, but i mean the Axiom do not show a heading source when the AR-200 is not connected, where as before I connected it, the NG converter was the source of heading, i guess from the seatalk1 bus, (flux gate) which we have now changed....

RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-06-19 03:38 PM

Jeff,

The Data Sources feature need not typically be executed, as the system will default to automatic prioritization for the sources supported by Data Sources feature. As long as the system features only one source for a data item, it will be automatically available to be displayed and used by the system. Only when a second source of for any of the data sources supported by the Data Sources feature is introduced, need one utilize the Data Sources feature to specify which source will be used by the system.

Verify that the autopilot course computer has been powered ON. When all equipment (i.e. that featuring a SeaTalkng communications interface) is operating with current software and when properly interfaced to the system, the MFD as well as the i70 MFID should be receiving heading data via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. It is recommended that you simply configure the MFD's Dashboard application to show the Heading data item and similarly configure the i70 MFID to do the same. After doing so, are these data items populated ... or is the reported value dashes. If the latter is so, then the connection of the SeaTalk bus between the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port should be inspected to ensure that only the data (yellow) and ground (shield) lead of the SeaTalk cable will be connected to the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk terminals. The SeaTalk cable's red lead will be insulated to prevent shorting. This connection may further be verified by temporarily inserting your ST8002 or p70 autopilot control head in place of the ST60 Wind to verify whether the control head is reporting heading.

RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - jefndeb - 12-06-19 04:25 PM

Hello Chuck,..

From the dashboard on the Axiom 12, with the AR-200 not connected, the speed through water shows the NG Converter as the source. this is mentioned just to confirm that it is active.

However, for heading, the NG converter does not show up, as it did previous to me installing the AR-200.

RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-06-19 04:30 PM

Jeff,

Q. However, for heading, the NG converter does not show up, as it did previous to me installing the AR-200.
A. I understand this ... I want to know whether Heading data items are being populated per my prior response and if not to rewire/ re-position the ST8002 in the manner specified to determine whether it reports heading. I additionally inferred to that the software level of the Raymarine products which have been interfaced as spurs to the STng backbone should be inspected to determine their software levels and to update them with the latest available Raymarine product software updates if not operating with the latest software.