Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Type 2-Long Shaft paired with new Axiom - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Type 2-Long Shaft paired with new Axiom (/showthread.php?tid=10186)

[CA11] Type 2-Long Shaft paired with new Axiom - pawhitman - 12-27-19 12:10 PM

Greetings:
I had Raymarine rebuild the Type 2-Long Shaft, 12 volt and I now want to pair it with my new Axiom 9". My Bristol 41.1 weights about 23,000 pounds.
Am I correct that I only need EV Sensor Core and an ACU-400?
I plan to use the Axiom and Smart Controller in place of a control head.
Thanks!

RE: [CA11] Type 2-Long Shaft paired with new Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-27-19 12:56 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum pawhitman,

Q. Am I correct that I only need EV Sensor Core and an ACU-400?
A. While an autopilot control head is not required to for steering to locked heading (AUTO mode) or following a course line to a waypoint (TRACK mode), an autopilot control head (p70S) is required for operating an Evolution autopilot in Wind Vane mode (see Chapter 9.5: Wind Vane Mode (for sail boats) of the p70S & p70RS Autopilot Control Head Installation and Operation Instructions. Similarly, power boats seeking to operate in power steering mode or follow fishing patterns will require a p70RS or p70RS / p70S autopilot control head respectively.

RE: [CA11] Type 2-Long Shaft paired with new Axiom - pawhitman - 12-28-19 09:02 AM

Thanks for your quick response. You do a great job and it is appreciated!
Am I correct that the ACU-400 is the right unit for my boat?
Thanks again.

RE: [CA11] Type 2-Long Shaft paired with new Axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-30-19 09:01 AM

pawhitman,

An ACU-400 is indeed required for use with a Type 2 linear drive.