Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Raytheon Type 2S linear drive module failing - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Raytheon Type 2S linear drive module failing (/showthread.php?tid=10515)

[CA11] Raytheon Type 2S linear drive module failing - roweronline - 02-11-20 04:06 PM

Hello,

Several times, while under load, I have experienced autopilot errors that I believe to be attributed to a fault in our Raytheon Type 2S drive unit. The autopilot disengages and it appears to me that something within the the "linear drive module" (part 29 on the exploded view diagram) has unscrewed or unseated itself.

My attempts to repair this have not been successful. I have disassembled and reassembled the unit several times but the failure re-occurs under load.

The exploded parts diagram does not provide any detail on the linear drive module itself... is there a more detailed diagram of this module? Failing that are there any repair options? I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

RE: [CA11] Raytheon Type 2S linear drive module failing - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-11-20 04:52 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Peter,

Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer more detailed information concerning servicing the mechanical linear drives. Should own not be able to render the repair themselves, then it would be necessary to send the mechanical linear drive to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.