Raymarine forum
Can older AP communicate with newer MFD? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Can older AP communicate with newer MFD? (/showthread.php?tid=1052)

Can older AP communicate with newer MFD? - Defiance Sportfishing - 06-06-16 09:08 PM

I have an older Raymarine ST 8001 autopilot i'm trying to interface with new E125 MFD's. I can connect the devices but have been experiencing interference noise with my radios. I traced the problem to the seatalk connection behind the autopilot head. when I remove the seatalk cable and unplug the network cables from the MFD's radio static goes away. When I plug either one in (seatalk to autopilot or network cable to MFD's), the radio static comes back. Does the ap communicate across both seatalk and network cables?

RE: Can older AP communicate with newer MFD? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-10-16 03:49 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Defiance Sportfishing,

Depending upon the model of autopilot course computer installed onboard, it may be possible to interface an older autopilot with the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Please attach a system diagram to a response to this thread identifying the make/model of each of the system's marine electronics devices and how each has been interfaced to the system.

RE: Can older AP communicate with newer MFD? - Defiance Sportfishing - 06-15-16 08:19 AM

I had two sources of power running to seatalk converter. Problem was fixed when one source of power was removed. Thanks for your reply.

RE: Can older AP communicate with newer MFD? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-15-16 08:28 AM

You're welcome.