Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Problem importing backup file. - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Problem importing backup file. (/showthread.php?tid=10521)

Pages: 1 2

[CA11] Problem importing backup file. - thostby@gmail.com - 02-12-20 04:46 PM

Hello,

I have upgrade from LH II 19.03 to LH III 3.11.42.
After upgrade I have problem importing my backup file.
The file made before upgrade is: Syslogs_E70285-1150591_2020-01-16_130335.tar.gz
What’s wrong? Do I have to convert it to GPX?
Best Regards
Thomas

RE: [CA11] Problem importing backup file. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-13-20 10:41 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Thomas,

The system backup feature of LightHouse II (LHII) software was intended to support saving configuration setting to permit them to be re-imported into a MFD running LH II software. LHII system backups may not be imported into a MFD running LightHouse 3 (LH3). However, should you have exported all waypoint, route, and/or track data from a MFD running LHII software (it is recommended that the MFD running LHII v19.03 when the export occurs), then the MFD will have created a GPX file. GPX files which have been so exported may in turn be imported into MFDs running the latest LH3 software.

RE: [CA11] Problem importing backup file. - thostby@gmail.com - 03-06-20 04:28 PM

Hi Chuck,
Thank you for including me in the RM forum.

The only file the plotter have generated is this:
Syslogs_E70285-1150591_2020-01-16_130335.tar.gz
I have downgraded the system to 19.03 again but still I have problem finding how to import the Syslogs…….. file.
What do I do wrong?
Best Regards
Thomas

RE: [CA11] Problem importing backup file. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-09-20 08:30 AM

Thomas,

The file which you have referenced is not a saved settings file. Within a MFD running LightHouse II software, settings are saved within a file titled RayMFDSettings.tgz (located in the root of the selected microSD memory card) when the MFD is commanded to Backup Settings (HOME->MY DATA->IMPORT/EXPORT->BACKUP SETTINGS). The file which you have referenced is a compressed folder containing system logs which would be used by Raymarine Product Support and Engineering teams to investigate problems with a system.

RE: [CA11] Problem importing backup file. - thostby@gmail.com - 03-19-20 06:52 AM

Hi Chuck,
Was in the boat yesterday, I have no more files stored on SD cards or local memory.
I assume that then something has gone wrong and that I have lost the data from the plotters.

RE: [CA11] Problem importing backup file. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-19-20 07:31 AM

Thomas,

Q. I assume that then something has gone wrong and that I have lost the data from the plotters.
A. This would unfortunately appear to be the case.

RE: [CA11] Problem importing backup file. - thostby@gmail.com - 03-30-20 09:20 AM

Hi again Chuck,
I got a Garmin log file from my friend that have almost the same tracks that I am missing.
Userdata.adm (name/format). I have converted it to GPX but my Gs165 is saying:
Import partially completed- maximum limit reached
The file size is 4,1MB
When editing the file using Notepad and reducing the numbers of lines in the file to 8,2KB the plotter import it and it is visible on the map.
From my point it seems that the file is working but have to many entries or is it the plotter that need more memory?
I’m running LH III on it
Can you help?
BR
Thomas

RE: [CA11] Problem importing backup file. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-30-20 09:56 AM

Thomas,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing addressing waypont, route, and track constraints. Unfortunately, correction of user GPX files is outside of the support which we may offer. That said, should the original Garmin adm file(s) be attached to this thread, then I may be able to use GPSUtility to determine the number of track points within each track within the adm file(s) and to then create a GPX file which would be compatible with your your MFD.

If using Navionics cartography, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing addressing recommended navigational planning applications.

RE: [CA11] Problem importing backup file. - thostby@gmail.com - 03-30-20 10:09 AM

Thank you for the prompt replay.
Attached is the ADM file. I had to change extension to gpx to allow the system to accept it. Hope that is ok.

Br
Thomas

RE: [CA11] Problem importing backup file. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-30-20 10:28 AM

Thomas,

Per the FAQ addressing the subject of waypoint, route, and track constraints, MFDs running LH3 and LHII software support the following track constraints:
- Tracks: 10,000 points per track; 15 tracks max

The adm file which you have supplied does not appear to violate the number of points per track, but does exceed the maximum number of tracks supported by the MFD ... the total number of tracks within the file which you had submitted is 59, thereby exceeding the MFD's track capacity. It would accordingly be recommended that a navigational application be used to import the tracks and then to export no more than 15 of them to a GPX file for use with your MFD.