Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] C80 display anomaly - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] C80 display anomaly (/showthread.php?tid=10539)

[CA11] C80 display anomaly - KurtZ - 02-16-20 01:21 PM

Hello,

I have an anomaly on the screen of my first gen C80, the one with the five soft keys below the display. There's a white label overlaid on the chartview with the uppercase letter B and a range and bearing.

The range and bearing do not change as the boat moves. It is locked to this location or to the center of the screen. I was sailing with guests and didn't check for this but it is fixed to the location where it is now. Not only do I not know what it is but I also can't get rid of it.

Moving the cursor and changing to find ship/cursor has no effect.

Radar is in standby no target being tracked.

Not tracking to any waypoints (range and bearing don't change anyway) I travelled 14 miles and the range and bearing stayed the same.

I don't have AIS and the AIS layer is off.

Declutter doesn't remove it and it can't be selected and viewed with the cursor like a buoy or waypoint. No information is displayed.

Local or System has no effect

Here's the kicker: It's only on the chart on shared multi screens. It stays on the screen if I pop it out to full screenwith the active buttong BUT if I go to the non multi info view with the soft buttons it isn't displayed.

Cycling the power doesn't clear it.

Is it a glitch? Do I have to reset and re-set up the whole unit?

I'm having trouble getting an attached photo to display in this post. If one isn't seen. I could also use help with this. I don't see a FAQ for posting photos.

RE: [CA11] C80 display anomaly - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-19-20 03:41 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kurt,

It appears that you have configured the MFD's Ruler feature (DATA->RULER) to ON. Rulers may be cleared via the command sequence DATA->RULER->CLEAR RULER.

RE: [CA11] C80 display anomaly - KurtZ - 02-23-20 02:44 PM

Thank you. I know where that is but I don't remember turning it on. I'll check it.

Were you able to see the photo of the screen? I don't see it displayed in the thread but in the manage attachments section of my sidebar, it says it's attached and has been downloaded 2x.

Thanks again,

Kurt

RE: [CA11] C80 display anomaly - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-24-20 08:43 AM

Kurt,

Q. Were you able to see the photo of the screen?
A. Yes.

RE: [CA11] C80 display anomaly - KurtZ - 02-24-20 01:40 PM

Okay good because there was no indication in the preview that it had actually attached.

The rulers setting did the trick. Thanks again for your help.

Kurt

RE: [CA11] C80 display anomaly - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-24-20 01:49 PM

You're welcome.