Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] 4K open array not working with E120 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Radar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] 4K open array not working with E120 (/showthread.php?tid=10620)

[CA11] 4K open array not working with E120 - rob minks - 02-26-20 11:56 AM

I was helping a customer replace an older e-120 with an older but new E120. He also wanted to change the open array with a used one that wasn't discolored and relocate the array and motor. I unbolted the array, lifted it off and replaced it with the other unit also pulling the 8 pin plug, + and - wires. All power was off throughout the process, the plug was wired back up to spec. Power was turned on and every thing worked except the screen only displayed about 1/8 mile after any adjustment I was familiar with. I put the original array back on and the problem remained. He says everything worked fine with the old E120 and array and I must have damaged the radar. Is that even possible when carefully replacing the open array and plug?

RE: [CA11] 4K open array not working with E120 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-26-20 03:56 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rob,

It is recommended that the customer verify that Chart application's Chart Sync configuration setting (PRESENTATION->CHART MODE & ORIENTATION->CHART SYNC) has been configured to OFF. If so and the problem persists, then it is possible that the pedestal's RF prob has been damaged.

RE: [CA11] 4K open array not working with E120 - rob minks - 02-26-20 08:41 PM

Thank you. Can any of that be damaged by simply changing the open array?

RE: [CA11] 4K open array not working with E120 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-27-20 09:20 AM

Rob,

Yes. Incorrectly installing or removing the array from a pedestal can cause damage to the pedestal's RF probe. To protect the RF probe during shipping and installation of the pedestal, Raymarine packages its pedestals with a plastic cover for the RF probe.