Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] C90W not showing detail - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] C90W not showing detail (/showthread.php?tid=10647)

[CA11] C90W not showing detail - Rangerman - 02-28-20 03:27 PM

Hi all
I have two C90W’s with pre-installed charts, one in the cabin and the other on the fly bridge. The cabin unit is set as the master but when used without the fly unit switched on shows considerably less detail no contours or additional wrecks. However when both units are on all contours, wrecks and detail are shown. I have done a reset on the cabin unit with no change. Software on both units is v2.35
Settings
Safety contours = 66ft
Depth contour = All
Additional wrecks = on

Any suggestions pls

RE: [CA11] C90W not showing detail - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-28-20 03:54 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rangerman,

As much as I have heard that the C90W MFDs having pre-installed charts ... and they were indeed produced with such, they may vary with respect to which set of charts were pre-installed in each MFD. The MFDs will share charts when the MFDs have been networked together and are both switched ON. However, should the flybridge MFD not have the same set of pre-installed charts, as the cabin MFD, then it would be understandable that the flybridge may not display detailed chart when the cabin MFD is switched OFF. Similarly should the cabin MFD have a Navionics chart card within its memory card reader and should that MFD be switched OFF, then the flybridge MFD would not have access to the cartography store on that Navionics chart card. Details concerning which set of charts has been installed within each MFD's memory may be determined by exercising the command sequence MENU->SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS->SOFTWARE SERVICES->UNIT INFO->CARTOGRAPHY VERSION ... ex. Dec-08 (US).

Questions:
1) Is there a chart card present within the CF memory card reader of the cabin MFD?
2) Which cartography versions are installed within each of the respective MFDs?
3) Where is the vessel located?