Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Electronics Upgrade - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Electronics Upgrade (/showthread.php?tid=10726)

[CA11] Electronics Upgrade - Chessyman - 03-10-20 05:39 AM

I am trying to upgrade my electronics and have started by specifying the transducer I want to use, an Airmar TM260. Airmar compatibility show a Raymarine CP470. I also want to have side scan sonar and downvision. A place called the Factory Outlet Store is offering a CP200 that has downvision, https://rm.factoryoutletstore.com/details/112679/raymarine-cp200.html?category_id=20225&catalogitemid=97857
They say what the CP200 they are selling has both, but I don’t see that on the Raymarine website. I am not sure if they are correct.

For the MFD it looks like I have to go with the LightHouse II operating system. I like the e series MFD displays. They offer downvision in case the CP200 advertised as having downvision by The Factory Outlet (which is not a Raymarine store) does not have downvision.

Summing things up I would be running a CP 470 connected to the Airmar TM260, a CP200 and transducer with every thing connected to an E series MFD, if that is possible. There is a conflict in specifications between the 600 watt output of the E series displays and the 1000 watt output of the CP470.

That is my question, can I do all of this this?

Thanks for the help.

RE: [CA11] Electronics Upgrade - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-10-20 03:49 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chessyman,

Please note that the Factory Outlet Store is not an authorized Raymarine dealer. The TM260 is not a CHIRP transducer and is therefore not designed for use with a CP470 or CP570 CHIRP Sounder Module. 1kW 50kHz/200kHz TM260 transducers which have been specifically manufactured by Airmar, Inc. for use with Raymarine products will need to be interfaced to a CP370 Fishfinder Sounder Module, which in turn will be interfaced to the MFD. Raymarine has produced four generations of E/e-Series MFDs having names beginning "E" or "e". Please identify the specific model of "E" series MFD (or its product ID) which this thread concerns.