Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Axiom pro "boat position" - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Axiom pro "boat position" (/showthread.php?tid=10795)

[CA11] Axiom pro "boat position" - Mleads310 - 03-20-20 04:48 PM

while I was setting up all the parameters, info etc, I did come across an issue/concern. In the chart setup,view and motion page...I attempted to setup the boat position...but it does not give me the option to do so? It's not highlighted? I tried changing the other parameters such as Orientation and motion, to see if it would allow me to change the boat position, buy with no luck. Picture attached.
Is there something I'm missing in regards to being able to access this option?

RE: [CA11] Axiom pro "boat position" - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-23-20 02:52 PM

Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Mleads310,

Should the system not be interfaced to a source Heading data (evidenced by the black dot vs vessel icon for indicated vessel position) or not be making way, then the system would have no information concerning which way the vessel was pointed, have no way to determine the direction which the chart should be offset, and accordingly will not provide this option. Once underway and making way, the system may determine COG and will permit then permit the offsetting the chart. Should the system be interfaced to a source of heading data, then this feature may be exercised anytime after the system has acquired a GPS position FIX.