Raymarine forum
Dragonfly powers on - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: Dragonfly powers on (/showthread.php?tid=1098)

Dragonfly powers on - Briarldnr - 06-09-16 12:01 PM

I just installed a Dragonfly 5 pro, why does the Dragonfly 5 power on when I turn on the battery isolator switch?

Also, I just did the chart (Navionics) software upgrade - so many files are now on the chip - which one do I select?

RE: Dragonfly powers on - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-09-16 12:36 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brian,

The reported behavior will occur because Dragonfly displays are have a last power state memory feature. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

RE: Dragonfly powers on - Jim_MI - 07-01-16 02:29 PM

Chuck - The description in that FAQ is not what I find on my DF5Pro. At the end of a fishing outing, I typically erase temporary waypoints and tracks, then power down while still out on the water. My DF is installed on my kayak with no other electronics. When I get home, I unplug the battery completely from the circuit and charge it up. Then when preparing to leave on my next outing, I plug the battery back in, the DF automatically restarts - ALWAYS - even though it was manually powered down prior to disconnecting the battery. Kind of a nuisance having to remember to manually shut it off before driving away from home every time. Seems contrary to the behavior described in your FAQ. Is this normal?

RE: Dragonfly powers on - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-05-16 08:45 AM

Jim_MI,

While the original Dragonfly 6/7 display function as described within the previously referenced FAQ, the new Dragonfly 4/5/7 displays to not appear to presently support the last power state memory feature. A feature request will be logged to consider adding this feature to the Dragonfly 4/5/7 displays via a future Dragonfly software update.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions..