Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Ray70 VHF Radio Switch Covers Fell Off - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Communications (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Ray70 VHF Radio Switch Covers Fell Off (/showthread.php?tid=10991)

[CA11] Ray70 VHF Radio Switch Covers Fell Off - gjweston - 04-20-20 06:31 PM

Hi. The "Power" and "Back" plastic switch covers on my Ray70 VHF have fallen off and I can't get them back on. Is there some method to re-attach them?

RE: [CA11] Ray70 VHF Radio Switch Covers Fell Off - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-22-20 08:59 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gjweston,

Q. Is there some method to re-attach them?
A. This is indeed an unusual occurrence and indicative of a failure of the assembly containing these buttons. It would be recommended that the VHF radio be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be serviced.

RE: [CA11] Ray70 VHF Radio Switch Covers Fell Off - gjweston - 04-22-20 10:04 PM

Thanks. I don't know how it happened as they were like that when I purchased the boat. They were just sitting near the radio on the flybridge. The plastic caps don't look broken or cracked. I thought maybe I just didn't know the "technique" to get them back on. Radio still functions. I'll stop by a repair center when I get back down to the boat.

RE: [CA11] Ray70 VHF Radio Switch Covers Fell Off - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-23-20 07:43 AM

You're welcome.