Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Sun damaged instrument glass - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Success Stories and Tech Tips (/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Sun damaged instrument glass (/showthread.php?tid=11015)

[CA11] Sun damaged instrument glass - derekbooton@gmail.com - 04-23-20 11:20 AM

There appears to be sun burn damage on the display glass of several old ST60 units on my boat. Is there anyway I can clean / polish this back to its original clarity?

RE: [CA11] Sun damaged instrument glass - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-23-20 01:15 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Derek,

The symptom which you have described would not typically be associated with damage to instrument's lens, but rather it is typically associated with a failure within the LCD of the instrument. Unfortunately, Raymarine can no longer service or provide parts for ST60/ST60+ instruments. Should one desire to correct the appearance, then they only way to do so would be to replace the instruments. The i60 Wind instrument is the replacement for ST60/ST60+ Wind instruments. The i50 Depth, Speed, and Tridata instruments are the replacement instruments for the ST60/ST60+ Depth, Speed, and Tridata instrument respective. The i70S MFID is the replacement for the ST60/ST60+ Graphic instrument. The i50, i60, and i70S instruments each support SeaTalk communications and as such, may be used as direct replacements within a SeaTalk Bus. Raymarine offers the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block and the following SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter Cables to support use of these instruments within a SeaTalk bus:
- A06047 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter Cable
- A06073 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter Cable