Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Upgrade to LH 3 disadvantages - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Upgrade to LH 3 disadvantages (/showthread.php?tid=11020)

[CA11] Upgrade to LH 3 disadvantages - Greenwood - 04-24-20 11:05 AM

Hello,

I attended the Raymarine webinar this morning. Great stuff. Part of the seminar discussed the importance of updating the software on a regular basis.

I recall having a conversation with a Raymarine phone support rep where they indicated that for MFDs such as the gs-165 for example, updating from LH2 to LH3 will lead to loss of some features relating to radars and other aspects.

My MFD (gs-165) was purchased in late 2018 and I have stuck by the latest LH2 version 19.03 so far. I would like to upgrade but concerned about losing functions.

Is that still the case?

Thank you

Simon

RE: [CA11] Upgrade to LH 3 disadvantages - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-24-20 02:31 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Simon,

The information which you are seeking may be found within Appendix E LightHouse 3 on eS and gS Series of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions.

RE: [CA11] Upgrade to LH 3 disadvantages - Greenwood - 04-24-20 08:51 PM

Thank you Chuck. It seems that the link you provided.. points to a folder that was removed. Essentially a dead link. Unless I am doing something incorrectly.

Thanks

Simon