Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] seatalk to seatalkng for autopilot remote - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] seatalk to seatalkng for autopilot remote (/showthread.php?tid=11035)

[CA11] seatalk to seatalkng for autopilot remote - Offshore - 04-26-20 04:16 PM

I want to add an E15024 Remote to my Evolution Autopilot with p70.

Do I need the full E22158 converter kit or just the A06047 adapter cable?

Thank you

RE: [CA11] seatalk to seatalkng for autopilot remote - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-27-20 11:12 AM

The base stations for the S100 and SmartController autopilot remotes communicate using SeaTalk protocol while the Evolution autopilots are designed to communicate via SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications protocol. Accordingly, when used with an Evolution autopilot, a E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit must be used and the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter must be installed as a backbone component. Processing must occur to bridge data from SeaTalkng to SeaTalk ... this cannot be achieve via a simple cable ... this is the function of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Accordingly, one cannot simply connect the base station to a stripped end spur cable and the connect that to an available spur socket with the backbone and expect that the interfaced products will communicate with one another.