Raymarine forum
Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints (/showthread.php?tid=11184)

Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints - RockBottom - 05-07-20 10:43 AM

I'm having an issue with an Axiom 9 shutting down when trying to open the waypoint list or waypoint details page. After the first time I experienced this I did a power off reset and manually configured the settings again and issue still came back. It does not do it all the time but fairly often. I am running the latest software version and I have checked all the network connections and they are all good. Also the system voltage was at 13.5 volts the last time this was happening. I have attached the crash logs and a diagram of my network.

Thanks for your assistance.

[CC11] RE: Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints - Chris - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-11-20 02:26 PM

Hello RockBottom,

Could you please confirm which version of software the display is running?

Chris,

RE: Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints - RockBottom - 05-12-20 10:44 AM

RE: Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints - Chris - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-12-20 01:29 PM

Hi Rockbottom,

When you are reloading the waypoint data are they from a previous software version? I have not been able to duplicate this on our equipment.

Chris,

RE: Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints - RockBottom - 05-12-20 04:36 PM

The waypoints were reloaded from GPX files, not from a previous backup file. Does the crash log indicate anything?

RE: Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints - Chris - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-13-20 09:35 AM

Hi Rockbottom,

Please send me your GPX file,

Chris,

RE: [CC11] Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints - RockBottom - 05-13-20 06:54 PM

Attached are the files I had loaded at the time.

RE: Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints - Chris - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-18-20 07:40 AM

Hi Rockbottom,

It would appear these files are corrupted. I loaded them in my display and it immediately locked up. Where did these files come from? Can they be regenerated?

Chris,

RE: [CC11] Axiom 9 reboots when opening waypoints - RockBottom - 05-18-20 08:00 AM

How are they corrupt? They load just fine in my unit and show on my chart normally. Only sometimes when I open the list it has issues, not always . i have used these files in practically every other manufacturers units with no problems. Does Raymarine offer some type of conversion software? If not I dont know else I could regenerate them.