Raymarine forum
EV1 sortware upgrade - no MFD - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: EV1 sortware upgrade - no MFD (/showthread.php?tid=1121)

EV1 sortware upgrade - no MFD - Briarldnr - 06-12-16 11:51 AM

I recently purchased a EV1 / 200 kit in March, I see a software upgrade is available - can a upgrade be done without a MFD.

I do have a Dragonfly 5pro and Pathfinder (RL70) radar/chart system on board.

RE: EV1 sortware upgrade - no MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-24-16 11:38 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Briarldnr,

As you have suspected, the Evolution autopilot components may not be updated via the other equipment which you have listed. A MFD have a SeaTalkng communications interface must be interfaced (at least for the period of time of the update process) to the SeaTalkng backbone connecting the autopilot components. Alternatively, the Evolution autopilots may be updated by a Certified Raymarine Installeror Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.

RE: EV1 sortware upgrade - no MFD - solomon - 07-27-16 09:34 PM

I have a question regarding updates. When I search for the update to the EV 100, P70R and associated components what I find when I choose the MFD that I have (C120 Classic) it says there is no update found. Is this correct? Or can the A/P be updated if it is necessary?

Thanks
Chris

RE: EV1 sortware upgrade - no MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-28-16 08:40 AM

Welcome to the Rayamrine Forum solomon,

The Evolution autopilot components may not be updated via a C-Series Classic MFD, as these MFDs do not feature a SeaTalkng communications interface. A MFD having a SeaTalkng communications interface must be interfaced (at least for the period of time of the update process) to the SeaTalkng backbone connecting the autopilot components. Alternatively, the Evolution autopilots may be updated by a Certified Raymarine Installer or Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.