Raymarine forum
[TG] [TG11] Waypoint transfer from E Series to Axiom Pro - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [TG] [TG11] Waypoint transfer from E Series to Axiom Pro (/showthread.php?tid=11233)

[TG11] Waypoint transfer from E Series to Axiom Pro - shawk - 05-11-20 03:00 PM

What is the process for transferring waypoints from an E120 to an Axiom Pro? Thanks i n advance for explaining the steps and equip needed.

RE: [TG11] Waypoint transfer from E Series to Axiom Pro - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-13-20 10:46 PM

Hello shawk,

See this FAQ.

Regards,
Tom

RE: [TG11] Waypoint transfer from E Series to Axiom Pro - shawk - 05-21-20 01:54 PM

Thank you Tom for the link to the FAQ.

I would benefit from a more detailed explanation because I couldn't picture from the FAQ exactly what to do. Could you please list out the actual steps and the equipment needed to transfer waypoints from my E-120 to Axiom Pro.

Would you please also let me know:
- is their a limit to the # of waypoints that can be transferred?
- for the transferred waypoints, will the old E-120 symbols transfer to the Axiom Pro or will they transition to the style of symbol used in the Axiom Pro. As an example, will a wp with a shark symbol appear on the Axiom as the old shark symbol, the new shark symbol, or something else?

Thanks in advance for your response.

RE: [TG11] Waypoint transfer from E Series to Axiom Pro - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-26-20 10:01 PM

Hello shawk,

The limit(s) are set by the relevant MFDs:
  • E-series Classic (v5 software): 1,200 waypoints, 50 routes of 150 waypoints each, 10 tracks of 1,000 trackpoints each
  • Axiom-series (LH3.11 software): 10,000 waypoints (200 waypoint groups), 150 routes of 250 waypoints each, 16 tracks of 10,000 trackpoints each

As far as the symbols go, that depends I suspect on the specific symbol and whether the E-Classic and LH3 both have a particular symbol in common. I would expect so, but haven't tested.

Finally, to expand on the FAQ: E-series Classic used a proprietary waypoint file format called Archive.fsh. More recent MFDs (since Lighthouse 2 v14 software) use the now-standard GPX format. There are various ways to convert between the two, but the easiest is using a bit of free PC software. The steps are:

1. On the E120, Data > Archive and transfer > Save to card > Waypoints > Save All / Routes > Save all / Tracks > Save all[i/] (you need to press [i]Save all individually for waypoints, routes and tracks, as each press of Save all only saves all of that type of data.) We generally recommend saving to a blank card, but the chart card will also work if you can't get hold of a blank card of a suitably small capacity (modern, high-capacity cards likely won't work in this old display.)
  2. Remove the CompactFlash (CF) card that you have just saved your data to
  3. Plug the CF card into a USB CF Reader (which you can buy from a computer, photographic or office-supplies shop)
  4. Follow the rest of the step-by-step instructions here
  5. Copy your new GPX file to a blank, 32Gb or smaller MicroSD card (again, via a USB card reader or a built-in SD slot in your computer)
  6. Plug this MicroSD card into your new display and go to Home > My Data > Import/export > Import from card to load them in.

Regards,
Tom