Raymarine forum
[TG] [TG11]EVO-1 Yaw,Pitch,Roll PGN Ranges - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [TG] [TG11]EVO-1 Yaw,Pitch,Roll PGN Ranges (/showthread.php?tid=11247)

[TG11]EVO-1 Yaw,Pitch,Roll PGN Ranges - scurvydog - 05-13-20 12:03 AM

Hello,

I have recently setup a NEMA2000 gateway so I can capture data from our EVO-1 autopilot. The autopilot is outputting nagivation.attitude PGN (127257) for yaw, pitch, and roll. The values seeing in basic testing at the dock in some light chop are showing under a 1.0 value for all three attributes.

My question what is the data range for this PGN as I would like to translate this to degrees. Because actual range can be measured in 360 degrees I would need to understand the max/min for the PGN and the neutral reference point.

The example would be for say roll. If the boat rolls 10 degrees port than to 0 degrees roll than 10 degrees to starboard what would those values look like.

Cheers and thanks for making the data available out of the EVO-1

Robert

RE: [TG11]EVO-1 Yaw,Pitch,Roll PGN Ranges - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-14-20 10:37 PM

Hello scurvydog,

Since this isn't a Raymarine-specific thing but a message that's defined within the copyrighted NMEA2000 specification I am sorry to say that we can't help you reverse-engineer that standard, but as a hint - other people have already done this. The answer to your question is online if you look for it.

Regards,
Tom