Raymarine forum
[TG] [TG11] Integrating new components with older ones - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [TG] [TG11] Integrating new components with older ones (/showthread.php?tid=11520)

[TG11] Integrating new components with older ones - dg1213 - 06-01-20 10:32 AM

I just purchased a 2000 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer with a full compliment of Raymarine electronics including Radar, GPS and AutoPilot. All of the systems are original to the boat and the chartplotter currently will not get a fix. I would like to upgrade the GPS/Chartplotter to a new Axiom 9 or 12 but wondering if any of the other systems will still be compatible/usable? Does anyone have any experience with this that could give me some advice, tips, etc?

Thanks!

RE: [TG11] Integrating new components with older ones - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-10-20 12:32 AM

Hello dg1213,

We try pretty hard to be backwards-compatible. The radar won't be (analogue radar), and the GPS is probably not worth retaining (the built-in GPS in an Axiom will be much better) but the autopilot should be compatible through a low-cost Seatalk1 to SeatalkNG convertor. If you can tell me what other components you may have, I can confirm about those.

To replace the radar you can use a Quantum or Quantum Doppler radar scanner. This can communicate wirelessly with the display so that you can re-use the existing cable for power (cut and splice with the new radar's cable) to simplify the installation.

Regards,
Tom