Raymarine forum
E120 fails to read known good CF card - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: E120 fails to read known good CF card (/showthread.php?tid=11614)

E120 fails to read known good CF card - bobatkins - 06-07-20 09:35 PM

I have an E120 that I have been using in a slave mode (connected via SeaTalkHS) to a master E120 (that has the chart card).

My Master E120 failed so I though I would just pop the chart card out of the master unit and into the slave unit but the clave unit refuses to read the card. I have confirmed that the card is good (it has a current Navionics subscription and can be read and updated in my PC) and of course the card was working just fine in the master E120 before it failed (backlight failure).

I have verified that there is no damage to the CF card socket - all pins are there, none are bent and there is no corrosion.

I have run the Verify CF card test and the operation says: Failed to write to CF card.

I have also tried to save my waypoints and routes to the CF card and it also fails.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,

RE: E120 fails to read known good CF card - Chris - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-26-20 03:44 PM

Hello bobatkins,

I would check that the unit has V5.69 the latest version of sw. If it has an earlier version it will not read the card,

Regards,

Chris,