Raymarine forum
ST70 to SeaTalk HS Network - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: ST70 to SeaTalk HS Network (/showthread.php?tid=1192)

ST70 to SeaTalk HS Network - O1dSoldier - 06-19-16 12:48 AM

Hi,

Is it possible and if so what is needed to connect an ST70 instrument into a SeaTalk HS? Also will the ST70 work as a control head for the S1/2/3 course computers?

RE: ST70 to SeaTalk HS Network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-21-16 12:53 PM

Paul,

It is not possible to interface a ST70 Multifunction Instrument Display to SeaTalkhs. It is similarly not possible to use a ST70 Multifunction Instrument Display as an autopilot control head for any type of autopilot.

RE: ST70 to SeaTalk HS Network - O1dSoldier - 06-23-16 12:12 AM

Can the ST70 be integrated at all into the E80/E120 network? Via some adapter, the SeaTalk2 port on the E120, etc.?

I'm confused on why the ST70 cannot be used as the autopilot control head when it has the autopilot control buttons.

RE: ST70 to SeaTalk HS Network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-23-16 08:11 AM

Paul,

Raymarine produced a ST70 Instrument Display and a ST70 Autopilot Control ... these items are commonly confused with one another. Within your initial question, you stated that you had a ST70 Instrument display. Per the prior response, it is not possible to interface a ST70 Multifunction Instrument Display to SeaTalkhs and it is similarly not possible to use a ST70 Multifunction Instrument Display as an autopilot control head for any type of autopilot. On the other hand a ST70 Autopilot Control Head is designed to exclusively be used with a SPX-5/10/30/SOL Autopilot Course Computer. When a SPX autopilot is installed onboard a vessel, a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone having sufficient spur sockets to accommodate the SeaTalkng devices will be installed onboard. The backbone will additionally include a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter if the system features any products having a SeaTalk communications interface, but lacking a SeaTalkng communications interface. The Data Master MFD's SeaTalk2/NMEA 2000 port will be interfaced to the this backbone via an A66061 E-Series Classic MFD to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter Cable. The Data Master MFD's SeaTalk/Alarm Cable will be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus, as all communications with the SeaTalk bus will now be via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which will be included within SeaTalkng backbone. Finally, the software within the MFDs, SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, ST70 Autopilot Control Head, and SPX Autopilot Course Computer will need to be updated with the final respective software update for these products.

Please click here to view a FAQ providing further detail concerning how to interface products having a SeaTalk communications interface to a SeaTalkng backbone..

RE: ST70 to SeaTalk HS Network - O1dSoldier - 06-23-16 12:37 PM

Ah, got it. You are correct, what I meant was the ST70 Autopilot control head. It seems I will need to make some decisions on which direction I want to go in terms of adding an autopilot - add one that is compatible with my current system as is or add in the newer SeaTalk bus. Thanks Chuck.

RE: ST70 to SeaTalk HS Network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-23-16 01:47 PM

You're welcome.