Raymarine forum
loss of GPS depths after software update - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: loss of GPS depths after software update (/showthread.php?tid=1194)

loss of GPS depths after software update - btorra - 06-19-16 04:03 PM

After updating my E7d software, I have lost the depths (numbers) that appear on the chart. The GPS is giving me a signal/fix. I performed a systems and data rest and still don't have complete chart bearings. I also updated my Navionics charts thinking that might be it, but afterwards I still show no depths on my chart. The transducer provided a reading but no chart depths. Has this happened to anyone else. Is there a fix?

RE: loss of GPS depths after software update - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-21-16 12:38 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum btorra,

The most common cause for such issues is associated with failure to use the Chart application's Chart Selection feature (MENU->PRESENTATION->CHART SELECTION) to specify what cartography is to be viewed within the Chart application page/pane being viewed. Prior releases of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software had defaulted this setting to Navionics Nautical Charts. With the increasing popularity of Raymarine's LightHouse Charts among owners of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, commencing with v17.45 this default setting has now been changed to LightHouse Charts. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.